Re-discovering sisterhood
Monday, October 02, 2006
I'm not a fan of the whole girlfriends' click thing. Which is strange considering I went to an all-girls high school. Well, maybe not so strange. High school was not exactly pleasant in a school filled with over 500 hormonal girls. You had to be an out right bitch to survive till graduation.
You had to be equiped with an arsenal of quick comebacks and killer-stares, last thing one wanted, is to become the classes' verbal punching bag during PMS season.
Note for men: after a while, a group of women living together will have their menstrual cycles at roughly the same time.

Granted, I owe my sarcastic humor and my ever so useful who-do-u-think-u-are-bitch stare to my experiences at an all-girls, I have to admit it left a small itchy scar.
So it was with no surprise that I approached a suggested girls night out with a couple of my friends with a bit of caution. I have not really hung-out with said friends for more than six months due to various reasons. However in the spirit of 'moving on', 'letting bygones be bygones' ; I agreed.

The verdict: I had a good time, perhaps it's because we're all maturing but for the first time I did not have to walk on eggshells to avoid hurting fragile egos. The main aim of the outing was not a competition to see who could pull the most advances and get bought the most drinks.
We shared, we talked and laughed. Great stuff!
However I could not be a Wannabe Cynic without having a few niggling thoughts.



posted by Wannabe Cynic at 7:16 AM | Permalink |


3 Witty replies:


  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger thephoenixnyc

    i see claws and hear hissing  
  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    and that is why men will always rule the world  
  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger Wannabe Cynic

    That's why the world is such a mess Anonymous ... anyways back to the point, my issue was with clicks not women. Being that I am a woman, the best way to illustrate this was through my own experience. You dig?  
Google
 
Web The Wannabe Cynic