A quarter century already?
Friday, September 29, 2006
My birthday is next week. Before I hit 21, birthdays were always something I looked forward too. But recently the thought of turning 25 has started making me feel ... well peeved.
It's not because I know that from now on my metabolism will slow down or my once anti-gravitational breasts will now begin their slow decent into something resembling a pair of 'ol slippers that soon I'd be able to throw over my shoulders just because they're in my way.
It's none of that.
I simply thought I'd be richer, more successful a power suited high flyer, for fucks sake!
Ok, so I was naive to assume I could achieve all that before I reached 25 but considering they're 25 year olds arround me that have achieved the above mentioned does little for me.
Don't get me wrong, changing my career from IT to journalism was and is the best thing I could have done for my myself personally, it's something I love doing.
But when I glimse a one of my varsity classmates driving the latest beast, I usually turn a funny shade of puce green.
Some of you might say "money aint everything WC" but damn, call me Macavelian but I'm a material girl at heart. I guess the only thing I can do right now is *eye roll* re-evaluate my goals. Meanwhile I'll treat myself to some fine dinning at KFC, oh and maybe I'll even buy a full tank of gas.




posted by Wannabe Cynic at 6:18 AM | Permalink |


4 Witty replies:


  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger thephoenixnyc

    I'm sorry but this post made me laugh.

    I know we never see it when we are there, be it 18, 25, 30, 40, but 25 is just soooo young.

    Really, it just marks the point where yoru "youthful" learning ends and your "adult" learning begins.

    Hell, I didn't even graduate Uni intil I was 24.

    Happy Birthday oh green one.  
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Wannabe Cynic

    Yup, phoenixnyc I'm guilty of "Bein' Green" ... I'll learn. But meanwhile I'll bitch whilst I can. Thanks for the B'day shout-out.  
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Wannabe Cynic

    Actualy Dark&Loveighly1, I have no issues with ,getting older; it's the fact that I have not achieved even half of what I wanted to do before I turn 25. As for my envy issues .... well, still working on that.  
  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Don't worry too much about aging. I am 48 and things are still in shape -- physically and every other way.  
Google
 
Web The Wannabe Cynic